- give direction and meaning to your financial decisions
- put a strategy in place to help you build and protect your income and investments
- assist you to plan for major changes in your personal circumstances, eg retirement
- help you understand the long-term effects of your financial decisions, and
- help you monitor progress towards achieving your financial goals.
In order to ensure your financial plan is right for you, we will take you through a series of steps.
1. Work out where you are today. This involves gathering your financial data such as income, debts, financial commitments and working together to determine your current financial situation and ongoing needs.
2. Define what you want to achieve over the next few months and years.
3. Consideration and strategy development. General discussions about broad strategies that may be suited to your unique goals and personal situation. Once you've agreed on the scope of advice required, upon your approval, we will prepare a written, tailored financial plan.
4. Creation and implementation of your financial plan (as agreed by you). Your plan will include a recommended selection of specific products (if appropriate), such as managed funds, Australian and international equities, as well as alternative options for you to consider.
5. Review your financial plan as your goals or circumstances may change.